Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


Eleanor and Park
By Rainbow Rowell
Published: February 26, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 328

Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.

My Rating: 4 stars

My Thoughts:
I first read this book back in April of last year and recently picked up the collector's edition that was recently released by Barnes and Noble so I decided to give it  reread.  
I think that I enjoyed this book about the same amount the second time as I did the first time.
This book reminds me that I really am a closet romantic and that I do enjoy romance contemporaries when they're done well, which I do believe this book was.  I love Eleanor and Park's relationship, and the writing is wonderful.
My biggest problem with this book was that I couldn't relate to Eleanor and Park.  I think that had this book been in first person point of view I would have enjoyed it a lot more.
I feel like there isn't much to say about this book.  It's cute, and fluffy, with just the right amount of serious tones.  I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for reading!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment