Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- Amber


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

My Review:
I thought this book was absolutely adorable.  I was skeptical going into it because I don't normally like contemporary novels and I definitely try to stay away from romance (because sometimes it gets kinda age inappropriate and then I'm just like...awkward.) But this book exceeded expectations by a mile.  It was so sweet and I just loved it so so so much.  I also loved that it was set in Paris.  The food! My mouth was watering every time someone ate something.  Stephanie really knows her stuff.  Everything made me feel like I was there and I could picture everything easily in my mind.  I liked that she really described famous Parisian landmarks in detail, because I mean, it's like, come on these things are real don't leave them up to my imagination. So I totally recommend this book and give it 5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment